Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gettin' Old





I have the best girlfriends and husband-to-be a gal could ask for. They made my birthday one of the most memorable yet! Friday night we had a lovely meal in Soho at Peasant. I had the mushroom gnocchi, and more cheese than should be legally allowed. And the ladies were so sweet and surprised me with a cake at the end of the meal! We then departed for a night of dancing in the Lower East Side. Not a shabby way to spend a Friday night; dinner, dancing, and my bestest buds! The following day, my actual birthday, my fiance took me to quite literally the most amazing meal of my life hands down. I know, bold statement! But 100% true. We were at dinner from 5:30-10:30, and devoured everything from the atmosphere, the service, to the absolutely delicious tasting menu at Eleven Madison Park. I urge you, if you have a special occasion to celebrate, make a reservation at EMP! It's a four star restaurant, and three time James Beard winner, and will be one of the most delightful dining experiences you'll have! I can't say enough about this meal. The general manager even took us into the kitchen to observe everyone in action. Behind a small standing table out of the way of the hussle and bussle of the kitchen, they served us cocktails complete with liquid nitrogen sorbet! Le sigh. The perfect weekend! Thank you my loves!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment