Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Christmas




Okay so it's not the largest tree on the block, but it has a lot of heart :-) I love how it makes the apartment seem so warm and cozy with the glimmer of twinkle lights in the background while you watch holiday movies or read on the couch. I hope all your shopping is done and tucked under the tree, just a a few short days until Christmas! Ho ho ho. What did you ask Santa to bring you?? Last night my fiance and I went on a double date with our friends to see BAM's Hard Nut. It was definitely a new twist on the old classic with modern costuming and updated story line complete with gender bending costumes, partnering dance moves, and men in point shoes at moments. I definitely LOVE all forms of dance and welcome contemporary dance; however, I prefer to see a performance chalk full of dancing. Hard Nut was more about flashy and funny costumes and laughable pantomime/acting. While it is refreshing to see something different and new, I think I prefer good ole George Balanchine's Nutcracker.


(photo me)

No comments:

Post a Comment