Monday, October 4, 2010

Theatre Opening




I love me a theatre opening! I'm fortunate enough to have a few friends that work for some well known theaters in the city, and every now and again I get to enjoy perks....like Broadway theatre openings! Wooohoo! Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Round About Theatre Company's production of "Mrs. Warren's Profession", which is about a young woman, Vivie, who discovers her upbringing and education has been funded by her mother's profession as a brothel owner. Quite the racy topic for the 18th century play by George Bernard Shaw. In fact in 1905, according to The New York Times, police officers closed the production and cited everyone in the cast for disorderly conduct. After the show we were invited to the after party at Espace where we enjoyed cocktails and great company! Sigh. So much fun. I wish I could go to Broadway openings every week.

Read The New York Times article here.

Watch NYT movie clip here.


(photo Playbill and NYT)

No comments:

Post a Comment