Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cookie Table



I'm flying off to Pittsburgh in the early morning tomorrow, so I wanted to say happy Friday a bit early! The reason I'm heading to my home town of "Da Burgh", is one of my dear friends from high school is getting married! I'm beyond excited to see old friends and be "home" for a couple days. It's been quite some time since I've been back, so I can hardly contain myself. One of the best things about a "Pittsburgh wedding" is the cookie table! I was shocked, and slightly aghast to find out that this is primarily a Pittsburgh tradition! All the women in the family are in charge of baking different cookies, often times personal specialties, for the cookie table. And the cookie table is in ADDITION to the desserts had with your meal, not in lieu my friend! Usually the table is overflowing with treats and there are more cookies than guests can handle during the reception, and many lucky guests leave with goodies to take home. Needless to say, even though our wedding won't be happening in Pittsburgh, I plan on having a cookie table. 110%! I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and I'll "see" you when I get back!


(photo via Cup of Jo)

No comments:

Post a Comment