Monday, April 26, 2010

New Theatre, I can Hardly contain myself!




I may have made comments in the past about my less than enthusiastic view on star studded theatre, which leaves even fewer opportunities for New York City actors trying to climb the ranks, but.... Denzel is one of those exceptions. I am dying to go to "Fences" on Broadway! Playwright August Wilson is one of my absolute favorites, famed for his Pulitzer prize winning series called The Pittsburgh Cycle. It's also a bit more interesting reading about a place you're familiar with; I was born and raised in the steal city, woot woot! I'm hoping I can nab tickets to this limited 13 week engagement! James Earl Jones originally played the role of Troy on Broadway, and I'm beyond excited to see what Denzel Washington brings to the character. Is there a Broadway play you're just dying to see?

(photo playbill)

No comments:

Post a Comment