Monday, March 1, 2010

Books




I'll admit it, at first I was ashamed to read Kelly Cultrone's new book "If You Have to Cry Go Outside". Soon after purchasing it, I removed the book from it's book-sleeve, as not to get smirks on the train during my commute. And now, I say, F it. I love this book. So maybe she gained recent popularity from her Bravo TV show, and previous appearances on other reality TV shows, but there is much more to learn from this powerful woman than "unscripted tv" and pretty clothes. I seem to be drawn to books about woman and New York City, but what makes this book so great is it's real life. It's a compilation of stories and advice from this very successful PR woman who wasn't always sitting where she is today. So far I find it inspiring, and quite enjoyable. What good reads have you sunk your teeth into lately?

Hear what Kelly has to say about her book here.

(photo Harper Collins)

2 comments:

  1. If you like books about women and New York, I recommend The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe. It's about single career women working in the secretarial pool in New York in the 50s (very Mad Men). It's a stunning peek into how different life was then, as well as how many of the struggles are the same. I've devoured this book more than once -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks so much! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete