Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Super Models on Bikes... Everywhere!


What's the first word that comes to mind when you hear Amsterdam?...... Well, for me it's bikes! Everywhere! Instead of parking garages for cars, they had them for bikes! Who knew? My boyfriend and I recently went on a short trip to The Netherlands to celebrate his birthday (of the 30th variety, shhhh). I was blown away by the sheer volume of bikes! Everywhere! Amsterdam is a beautiful, clean, quaint city. I felt vertically challenged on several accounts next to the tall and beautiful dutch. My boyfriend cracked jokes about how the dutch were probably wondering why I was walking on my knees. Joking aside, it was a great get away complete with dutch foods such as bitterballen, a trip to the Brouwerji 't IJ brewery, canal boat tour, and the Rijksmuseum. I wish Euro getaways could happen on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. I love Amsterdam! And I totally remember all the bikes... even in the middle of a snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete