Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Ahhhhhrts Darling


Every now and again my day job affords me some fabulous perks, two of those being Broadway Shows and fabulous food.  Two weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend the preview of the Broadway Show Memphis and pre-theatre food and drink at The Oak Room on Central Park South, care of City Guide .  Of course I brought my gal pal Sarah, who loves a Broadway show, but really who doesn't?  We both weren't sure what to expect with the new show, and we were blown away with this phenomenal cast.  Montego Glover, whom you may recognize from The Color Purple, was out of this world.  It was the kind of singing that makes the hair on your arm and the back of your neck stand up.  Eric Hara's food at The Oak Room, was yum, yum, yum.  I'm nearing in on over 50 Broadway shows to date, and hoping to surpass my friend John's record of over 150 shows!  I'll keep you posted on the progress :-)

(photo by playbill.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment